With contributions from: G. Agranovich, C.E. Augarde, A.A. Becker, O.S. Bursi, S. Chandra, J. Dhayanidhi, P. Díaz-Domínguez, F. Ferrario, J. García-Palacios, D.E. Grierson, A.S.K. Kwan, D. Le Houédec, G. Lefeuve Mesgouez, K. Marti, B. Picoux, Y. Ribakov, M.P. Saka, A. Samartín, B.H.V. Topping.
This volume includes invited lectures presented at The Ninth International Conference on Civil and Structural Engineering Computing and The Seventh International Conference on the Application of Artificial Intelligence to Civil and Structural Engineering held in Egmond-aan-Zee, The Netherlands between 2-4 September 2003.
The topics covered in this book are wide ranging and demonstrate the extensive use of computers in civil and structural engineering. The topics include:
- Design of buildings under abnormal loading
- Design models for structural design
- Design of concrete reinforcement
- Analysis of cable structures
- Parametric optimization and earthquake loading
- Boundary elements for contact mechanics
- Optimization of skeletal structures
- Geotechnical engineering applications
Saxe-Coburg Publications, hardback: 348 pages, 12 chapters
2003: ISBN 1-874672-19-9 price £85